The purpose of The Apollos Project is to help parents pass on their faith. A number of factors contribute to whether our kids see a vibrant faith in us. One habit we need to have as parents is regularly sharing our faith with others. To help with that, occasional posts will be to help in sharing our faith – out of obedience to Christ, out of love for those not connected with God and out of a desire that our children see zealous parents.
Christians often complain of having difficulty calling to mind the right Scriptures at the right time. Some of that problem comes from not meditating on verses that are particularly helpful in speaking with others. These verses are presented for use in a gracious conversation. They are not meant to be proof texts to use in winning an argument.
Memorize them. Meditate on them. Highlight them in your Bible. Highlight them in a Bible to give to a seeker. To print down a pdf version look here.
The Teaching of Jesus
1. John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
2. John 3:19-21 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”
3. John 3:3 I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
4. John 18:37 In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
5. John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The Warnings of Jesus
6. John 8:24 if you do not believe that I am