The purpose of The Apollos Project is to help parents pass on their faith. A number of factors contribute to whether our kids see a vibrant faith in us. One habit we need to have as parents is regularly sharing our faith with others. To help with that, occasional posts will be to help in sharing our faith – out of obedience to Christ, out of love for those not connected with God and out of a desire that our children see zealous parents.
Christians often complain of having difficulty calling to mind the right Scriptures at the right time. Some of that problem comes from not meditating on verses that are particularly helpful in speaking with others. These verses are presented for use in a gracious conversation. They are not meant to be proof texts to use in winning an argument.
Memorize them. Meditate on them. Highlight them in your Bible. Highlight them in a Bible to give to a seeker. To print down a pdf version look here.
The Teaching of Jesus
1. John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
2. John 3:19-21 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”
3. John 3:3 I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
4. John 18:37 In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
5. John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The Warnings of Jesus
6. John 8:24 if you do not believe that I am [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins.
7. Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
8. Luke 20:18 Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.
9. Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
10. Luke 9:25 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?
11. Luke 12:2-3 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
The Demand of the Law
12. Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
13. Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
14. Matthew 5:21-22 You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
15. Matthew 5:27-28 You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
The Offers of Jesus
16. John 10:9-10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
17. Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
18. John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
19. John 11:25-26 I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?
20. Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.
Repent and Receive Him
21. John 1:11-13 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
22. Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
23. Luke 5:31-32 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
24. Luke 13:3 “Unless you repent, you too will all perish.”
25. 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
26. 2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
27. Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
The Romans Road
28. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
29. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
30. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
31. Romans 10:9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]